Friday, 1 August 2008

Moving Seats

After six years in the River End, I moved this season to the Jarrold Stand.

The lack of atmosphere in the River End has been cited by many as a reason for not sitting there. But in actual fact, I enjoyed the view, City seemed to score most of their goals there and more often than not kicked towards the River End in the second half.

However, it was not the lack of atmosphere which compelled me to move. But the miserable old gits sitting behind me wound me up so much during the game, it became unbearable. It's beyond me why people pay the best part of £400 a year to watch a football match, then to moan for most of the 90 minutes. The constant whinging and whining and comments bordering on racism made it a terrible experience.

So when the club offered a discounted move to the Jarrold, I jumped at the chance. One step nearer the Barclay. Having lost one good mate to married life last season, I have now arranged to sit next to other good friends. And the new people around us are fantastic and you get the occasional view of an injured player or two when they sit near us.

So come on City. And in the immortal words of Delia Smith ... let's be 'avin you. Here's to a fantastic season!

No comments: